ndab Ah Yes, Medical School: The Little Things

Monday, January 19, 2004

The Little Things

Maybe it's because I just came back from my first funeral (for a family friend), but I have this sudden urge to evaluate my life as non-sarcastically as possible. I want to see if I'm really enjoying life, because it is now very clear to me that I should enjoy it while it's around. After thinking about that for a while, I came up with some things that make me feel good about all this. Since this is supposed to be about medical school, I'll limit it to medical related things:

You may be aware from some of my previous entries that there is a significant number of people in medical school who blow. You have the losers, the tools, the premed meds, the ass kissers, the morons, the fakes...ok I could go on forever (and have in the past...See 'If Darwin Only Knew'). But at my medical school, I never get the chance to give props to the people that make it all worthwhile. Yes, the left section of the class is full of every type of person who simply enjoys making fun of the rest of the class. I haven't had this much fun at the expense of others since watching my Giants fans during game 6 of the 2002 world series. Medical school lectures might be boring, but this area of the class is always entertaining. Whether its monkey noises every time question-girl starts talking in class, or those oh so appropriate rounds of clapping to terminate lecture before people have a chance to ask stupid questions and keep us in during break, I salute you. To those of you disgusted by this act of mockery, I say...ah you'll never understand anyways. Jackass.

Furthermore, I really enjoy those small coincidences that make medical school teaching so akward and fun. For instance, I am in a small group for this one thing. Currently led by a respectable doctor. Whose daughter was a year below me at college. And an incredible slut. He might be talking about something medically related, but all I hear is "I have no idea but my daughter is a ho-bag". I think he's starting to wonder why I have this moronic smile on my face when he talks to me. Ah whatever. Good times.

There is a lot more mockery that makes medical school almost bearable, but I'm busy watching people make fools of themselves on national television on American Idol.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home